Why I prefer Fritz over Karpov


Karpov recently made a controversial statement that Anand was playing like a computer and he was not as strong as he was a decade ago!

You can read about it here here, here and here.
Nine Reasons why Fritz is my Friend, Trainer, and Guide. Karpov, can you please stand up?

1) The Botvinnik School was too far away and inaccessible.
2) As a rule, I pay my respects to anyone who's stronger than me. My Engine is, and I believe at least around 400 ELO stronger than the legend.
3) I can even place a bet and my comp takes me seriously (and not consider me a sissy)
4) Even when I lose in 22 moves, Fritz patiently tells me where I went wrong and suggests alternatives.
5) It does not charge $ 80 per hour to teach me. All you want free lessons!
6) I can set up a Rated Game and make my coffee and Fritzie's ego is not hurt.(Try doing that even to an FM!, let alone Karpov). I can even wink, reset the time to make up for the coffee making.
7) When I'm Kibitzing, I can try out thousands of variations. Fritz patiently doles out the evaluation for each one of them.
8) Fritz can tell me stories of games from the 1700s up to now. They are all there in its MB head.
9) It's ready when I am. I can challenge my comp at 3:30 A.M. and it plays at its best, definitely not groggy and irritable.

I'll prefer my comp any day and I guess so does Vishy. It's no sin to consult with an ego less comp. Atta boy, way to go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Topalov hot on Carlsen's heels

Live Chess Ranking List, April 1st Week