Battles against Fritz

In my attempt to better understand chess openings and to practice correct principles, I found a nice way to train. It is good only if you can bear the pain of defeat. I cannot win a single game in my life. It is almost assured. The reason is however much I may improve I will run into a chess program which is a monster. It is strong enough to beat Kramnik and Anand combined !

For example, look at this game I recently played. It was against Fritz playing at the unleashed strength of 3062 :). The one positive point in this game is that I think I was plus around the 20th move when I replayed the game with the Infinite analysis engine on !

A note is in order here. Black is Fritz at 3062 and White is me. So it is 0-1 in favor of the engine.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You played good. You should be proud of yourself. Fritz chess 11 is one the most strongest engines there is. When i play Fritz i play only on unleashed. Drew few, win 2 and lose the rest. But my engine goes from 3400 to 3700+ . Again you played very well. Congrats. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Topalov hot on Carlsen's heels

GM Alexander Grischuk the Rockstar Chess Player